Using bound variables with Access 97

From: Steven Moyano <Steven>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 98 16:47:11 GMT

Has anyone found a way to pass a bound variable to Access 97? We are working with Oracle 7.3.4 for Windows NT.

I have been trying to reproduce a simple example in SQL Plus:

VARIABLE PINAME VARCHAR2(50) BEGIN
:PINAME:='Jones';

END; run a select query

BEGIN
:PINAME:='Smith';

END; run a select query

Only one version appears in the shared pool:

SELECT RESEARCHER_NAMELAST FROM SPR
OJ_TRESEARCHERS WHERE RESEARCHER_NA
MELAST = :PINAME A passthrough query containing :PINAME (as one would expect) won't run because not all variables are bound (Oracle ODBC driver ORA 01008, ver. 2.5 production).

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Steven Moyano
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL. USA Steven Moyano <smoyano_at_NWU.EDU> Received on Tue Nov 17 1998 - 17:47:11 CET

Original text of this message