Re: User Defined Keys don't work (Forms 4.5, Oraterm23m, AIX and Motif)

From: Brett Robson <Xbrett_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 22:21:13 +1100

Are the keys coming up in show keys correctly? You may have tried this but ...
1.You have to generate the .res; you can do this with oraterm, but I suggest you use the command otgen23 check your oracle bin. it doesn't create a new file but writes back to the res .file
2. The .res file must be the correct name, as came originally 3. Set env var TERM or ORACLE_TERM, eg export TERM=vt220, xterm or whatever, and you can use TERM on the run form command as well 4. env var FORMS45_TERMINAL (?) must point to the directory you .res file is in, (this is probably the one)
5. use od or cat -v to check what characters are actually coming out of the keys you press and they are correctly set in the device section

I'm sure I've let a few things out check this and let me know, I know how hard it is.

Brett

remove X to email