Access 97 ISAM -> excel

From: <mickeyding_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 01:28:36 GMT

I use an Access 97 application that uses excel spreadsheets to import and export data.
I needed to install Access version 2.0 to modify another database. Later, when I re-ran my Access 97 application I was greeted with an error message 3170 - Could not find installable ISAM. I have tried numerous things without success including deinstalling the whole of Office and reinstalling it. I suspect something was written to the registry which is interferring with Access 97 but I can't find it. My only option now seems to be formatting the hard drive and rebuilding my entire system. (windows 95C)
Has anybody else encountered this problem and what was your solution to overcome it ?

Mike Meerding - mmeerding_at_prologic.com.au