OLE Objects and Oracle Reports

From: Chet West <chetwest_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 12:51:33 -0500

  We are storing Word and Excel documents in the database (in a LongRaw column). The Forms interface works fine, but I cannot print it back out via Reports. All I get is an icon. I followed the help directions of Select the column: SELECT lra_document FROM documents;

...and setting the file format property of the column to 'OLE 2'.

I can run it in preview/screen mode, double click on an icon and get the document that way. But, I want it printed. Any clues?

Chet West

      |)
     /| )
  ------/
  \----/
TACTICS, INC.                       Chester 'Chet' West
http://www.TacticsUS.com Received on Mon Nov 16 1998 - 18:51:33 CET

Original text of this message