Re: Enhanced Sorting Order in a Forms45 Block

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_email>
Date: 16 Nov 1998 03:32:20 GMT

Hi Josef,

The trick is to write a server-side function, which accepts your base table column 'index' and then selects and returns 'sort_key2'. In your form, simply set your block Order By to the function name instead of a column name.
John C. Lennon wrote an excellent article on this subject, appropriately called "Functional Magic".
Refer to http://members.aol.com/jomarlen2/oraclesh.html

Buergi Josef <josef.buergi_at_ascom.ch> wrote in article <01be0ee8$95fdeac0$4b7d4f8b_at_rac17217.hasler.ascom.ch>...