Re: Can't update database

From: Quyen Lam <qlam_at_powerup.com.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 15:45:30 +1000

Hi Michael

I am not sure what kind of error did you  get. I assume that you may not have access to that function, compilation error or no 'Commit' after insert.

Hope this will help

Cheers

Quyen Lam

Michael wrote:

 When I execute a function that calls a procedure with an insert statement in it, I get the errormessage that the function does not guarantee that the database is not updated. I want to populate a table whith calculations based on data from several other tables. I must use a function to call the procedure because I use it in Discoverer. Discoverer only accepts functions. Is there any way to work around this errormessage, so I can use the function?

Thanks for any input.
                  \|/
                 (_at_ _at_)
  |           Michael Doel         |