Question on Master Detail form .

From: udham <madhu2_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 15 Nov 1998 03:20:58 GMT

My company has two oracle databases which reside on two different remote servers.
say db1 and db2.
There is a db link from db1 to db2. So I can access one database from another database. My responsibilty is to create an application in forms.

Ques1:
Say my initial database connection is to db1. I have a master detail form based on 2 tables in db1. The catch is I have to query and populate the detail from a table at db2.
Once populated I have to insert/update the data (with any changes that operator makes, including new rows and deletion of old rows) to table in db1.

Ques2:
Is there a way in Forms to insert and update multiple rows that are in CONTROL blocks (may be a multi record block)
using a loop construct. or can I access each row as if the multi record block were an array.

Thanks
Madhu Received on Sun Nov 15 1998 - 04:20:58 CET

Original text of this message