Oracle and Foriegn Function Interface

From: Gerald Caldwell Jr. <GeraldCaldwell_at_Minspring.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:29:22 -0500

I'm developing an application in Oracle Forms 4.5 1.3.2 that uses Foriegn Function Interface calls to communicate with several DLL's that I have wrritten. It took me a while to get the ora_ffi to work when passing string data types as parameters to the function I was attempting to access.

I discovered that Forms 4.5 does not preserve the memory space assigned to the variable I declared and was attempting to pass to the function inside the dll, so the application would abort with a memory access error. To get around this situation, I had to pad variable with a sting of dummy characters to preserve the memory space as the function was being called.

[Quoted] Is there a way to force oracle to preserve the memory space assigned to a variable when passing it as a parameter to in a foriegn function interface [Quoted] call. Or should I be using a different data type

Currently I have registered the parameter as ora_ffi.c_chap_ptr. Any ideas on this.

[Quoted] Thanks in advance
Gerald Caldwell Received on Fri Nov 13 1998 - 02:29:22 CET

Original text of this message