Re: Access97 to Oracle/Sybase

From: Tim Shute <Tshute_at_nospamnisoft.co.uk>
Date: 1998/11/12

In article <36484437.136049C3_at_lmco.com>, CJ Jouhal <cj.jouhal_at_lmco.com> writes
>Since Access97 is easier to use, a few people in my company
>created databases in Access. Now wanting to have
>the data available via intranet they want to have
>the db accessible. I know and heard all the horror
>stories of Access 97's performance issue regarding this.
>
>Bottom line:
>Is there any way to export the databases from Access97
>to an Oracle or Sybase (via odbc or something)
>
>Pardon my ignorance on exporting of databases in Access 97
>but it would really make my life easier if I could.
>
>Also after exporting, will there be any problems or can
>I just move it onto the appropriate server.
>
>Thanx in advance,
Oracle 7.3.4 comes with an Access to Oracle migration wizard. Never tried it but who knows? It might just work!

--
Tim Shute
Software Engineering Manager

NiSoft (UK) Limited
Unit 8, 31 Ballynahinch Road, Carryduff, BELFAST BT8 8EH
Internet: www.nisoft.co.uk