Re: htp dynamic html functions

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Nov 1998 04:02:40 GMT

>The htp functions (i.e. htp.print) that we currently use in PL/SQL, do
>not display any HTML until the PL/SQL is finished loading.
>Is there a tool or function that will display dynamically created
>HTML before the PL/SQL has finished loading ?

When I looked at the htp procedures, I seem to recall they use the DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE package to actually spit out the HTML. That package only sends out stuff when the entire procedure you are doing is completed. That is how PL/SQL in general works - the entire PL/SQL procedure is processed on the server; when it is complete, the output is sent out.

Why do you want to see the output before the PL/SQL has completed? Is it too slow?

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Thu Nov 12 1998 - 05:02:40 CET

Original text of this message