user exits and dev2k

From: Kim Simons <kim.simons_at_lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:51:36 -0500

I am writing a user exit routine to be used with Developer 2000 Forms 4.5. I am running on a UNIX platform. I am using the EXEC TOOLS SET statement inside my user exit routine as follows:

EXEC TOOLS SET controls.value VALUE (18);

where controls is a block in the form and value is an item.

This seems fairly simple but the item does not get set to 18.

Also, the EXEC TOOLS MESSAGE 'message'; statement does not display a message in my form.

I am missing something here and am not sure what it is. If anyone has any information, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kim Received on Wed Nov 11 1998 - 04:51:36 CET

Original text of this message