Re: ORA-01400

From: BluesMan <ygrenet_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 00:15:51 +0100

Hi !

  1. If you have Oracle's SQL*PLUS, the DESC <my_table> command shows you the name, type and null value...
  2. try this : select * from user_tab_columns where table_name='<MY_TABLE>';

In add, you can use the NVL function to replace null value by other : for instance , NVL(col1,1)=1 if col1 is null....

good luck !, Yann
ygrenet_at_club-internet.fr