Environment variable setting under External Procedure

From: <wilson.wong_at_mail.sprint.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 20:22:11 GMT

I have written a "C" external procedure under Solaris Oracle8. According to Oracle8 manual, the external procedure will be excuted by extproc process which was forked by the Oracle8 Server. I would imagine the extproc should inherit the environment variables from the Oracle Server, I have added the new environment variable into the Oracle userid's profile and I also put the environment variable into the "dbstart" script. None of this seems to work, my external procedure program failed in "getenv" of the environment variable. Question: how are the environment variables generated in the extproc process? What do I need to do to add one ?
Thanks in advance

Wilson