Oracle Migration Assistant for Microsoft Access

From: Michael Taht <mtaht_at_xbarnyard.corpnet.sel.sony.com>
Date: 10 Nov 1998 19:14:49 GMT

I can establish a net8 connection in the migration assistant and export my tables and data.

I can connect to oracle via odbc from within MS-Access.

But...

I can't tell the migration assistant to alter my ms-access database to reflect my data. It tries to connect via odbc and then fails with a net8 error. Is there a cure for this? Did I make a boo-boo by updating my drivers to the latest and greatest? Or should I take a step back and install the oracle 8 final on the linux box?

I'm using:

Oracle 8 EAP on Linux
The latest win95 ODBC drivers: ora8051b.exe Access 97
Win 95b Received on Tue Nov 10 1998 - 20:14:49 CET

Original text of this message