dynamic search

From: Gert Ormel <g.ormel_at_mdx.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:18:43 -0000

[Quoted] Does anyone have suggestions to implement 'a search and populate' feature in Forms 4.5, i.e.: as soon as user begins  typing data into a non-base field, Forms should start searching the database for a the best matching value, populate the non-base field and refining its search while user continues entering data.

I got some feedback on my question on validation, post-query triggers and record_status, but I still can not see how to make Forms NOT to set the record status to 'CHANGED' if a
base table item becomes overwritten with the same value. I don't see the need for setting the record status to 'CHANGED', if there is no change.

gert

g.ormel_at_mdx.ac.uk Received on Tue Nov 10 1998 - 10:18:43 CET

Original text of this message