Re: Buffer Size and DBMS_OUTPUT

From: Jose Luis Perez <perezjl_at_mx2.redestb.es>
Date: 1998/11/08

Kevin Bass wrote:

> The maximum buff size for DBMS_OUTPUT is 1,000,000. I would like to get
> around this maximum buff size without using UTL_FILE.
>
> (1) How can I determine and/or review the buff size of DBMS_OUTPUT before it
> is reached?
>
> (2) Is there a function or tool that can display the buff size before the
> maximum is reached.
>
> (3) Are there tools created that will get around the maximum buff size of
> DBMS_OUPUT?
>
> Kevin

Hello Kevin

You can use set the buffer size to 1,000,000, default size is 2000 bytes

If you do the following

set serveroutput on size 1000000
_at_my_plsql_script
set serveroutput off

you can see also the package spec of dbms_output that includes a litle documentation

set heading off
set linesize 132
select text
from all_source
where name='DBMS_OUTPUT'

Hope this can help you !!

Kind Regards
Jose Luis Perez
perezjl_at_mx2.redestb.es Received on Sun Nov 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message