Connecting Developer 2K or Discover 3 to PO 8

From: Anand D Mahajani <ANAND.MAHAJANI_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 14:29:15 -0000

Hi,
I have downloaded and installed trial version of PO8 (8.0.3) and discover 3.0. But I am unable to connect to PO8 thru discover, though I can connect to PO8 thru SQP*PLUS and also the SQL*net configuration that I have done thru easy config works (test) successfully. I have Oracle Named Pipes Adapater 2.3.4.0.0 and Oracle Named Pipes protocol Adapater 8.0.3.0.0 and also Oracle TCP/IP Adapter 2.3.4.0.0 and Oracle TCP/IP Protocol Adapater 8.0.3.0.1. It takes long time to return the error and when it returns the error it is
1. if connect string is not provided
ORA-03121 no interface driver connected - function not performed 2. if connect string is provided
ORA-12547 TNS:lost contact
I would appriciate if you could help me resolve the issue and i could use the products I have downloaded
Thanx with regadrds in Advance
Anand Received on Sun Nov 08 1998 - 15:29:15 CET

Original text of this message