Re: Uregent help needed

From: Arati Bheemidi <Arati.Bheemidi_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 7 Nov 1998 21:40:17 GMT

farjaad wrote in message <01be0169$891681a0$dd3167d1_at_ikbalkhan.sprint.ca>...
>Hi
>
>I have just taken a course in oracle(dev/2000) and looking for job I have
>been to a couple of interviews, I would like to know how best you can reply
>to the following most common questions asked :
>
>1) What steps would you take to fine tune the application during
>developement and afterwards

check the time for processing.
check how many times it is hitting the databas and why... it is trying to go to the same table quite a few times..then net work traffic will increase so try to minimise the hits to database..use indexes...etc..
>2) How best would you debug your application
cehck out for all teh errors and test accoridng to the business requirments..
>3) What could be the most complicated report in report 2.5
matrix reports