Pro*C++ for Oracle Enterprise 8.0.5 on HP-UX 10.20 cannot include <vector>

From: Andrew J Robb <AJRobb_at_pavilion.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 08:33:07 -0000

I've looked at the FAQ but cannot seem to find much to do with Pro*C++ (honest).

I have just installed Oracle Enterprise 8.0.5 with Pro*C/C++ and we are trying to compile an Oracle example file (cppdemo1 I think). We are having all sorts of problems with header files not being found. Any header file that does not have a file name extension cannot be found (e.g. <cstdio> that get included from /opt/aCC/include/stdio.h).

It seems that Pro*C/C++ (proc) adds a ".h" extension to these names. I have confirmed this to myself by creating a few symbolic links from <cstdio.h> to <cstdio> and it finds them. This is not a solution as there are many occasions (e.g. <string> and <string.h>) where the two header files already exist for completely different reasons.

I have been told that Pro*C++ works fine under Solaris.

What gives?

Cheers,
Andy. Received on Sat Nov 07 1998 - 09:33:07 CET

Original text of this message