Pro*Fortran and SparcCompiler F77

From: Peter Lanore <peter.lanore_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: 1998/11/06

When using embedded SQL in Fortran programs, I note that the Precompiled code stores the error message text (SQLEMC) as a LOGICAL1 (70) rather than a CHARACTER*1 (70). Internal documentation indicates this is because some compilers had difficulty with character data in a COMMON block. However, this seems to destroy most of the display usability of this variable.

I can get valid error message text by converting the LOGICAL*1 (70) back to a
CHARACTER*1 (70) in between precompile and compile (note: my compiler doesn't
balk at the 70 character string), but I'd like to know if there is either (a) a simple way to make the conversion inside the program or better yet make a change to the SQLCA or other file so that it will read it in as a CHARACTER instead of LOGICAL.

Machine is SUN 5.2, Compiler is F77-4.0 (found that SparcCompiler F90 is not Pro*Fortran compat).

Email prefered

Peter W. LaNore Received on Fri Nov 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message