Re: Forms 4.5 and Crystal Reports

From: James Bedster <gcf17_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 21:27:42 GMT

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:35:12 -0600, "Mike Burnham" <mburnham_at_globaldialog.com> wrote:

>I need to call Crystal Reports from within Forms 4.5 to display and / or
>print reports. I may need to pass parameters to the report.
>
>Oracle states that the ORA_FFI is the interface to use, but doesn't give any
>code specifics. Does anyone have the details of this implementation that
>they could share?
>
> Thanks!
>
>mburnham_at_gdinet.com

I'd be very interested to see what response you get from this. We tried to go down the Crystal Reports route, spending a hell of a lot of time and effort with all permutations before Seagate said that it was unsupported with Forms 4.5. In the end I had to resort to using the much inferior Reports 2.5 which delayed our project by three months. The trouble is everything we read said that it should be possible but Oracle only said they couldn't support all third party products. Excuse me but I thought the point of OCX and VBX controls was for seamless program interaction. Once again Forms 4.5's lack of Windows consistency let us down. Received on Fri Nov 06 1998 - 22:27:42 CET

Original text of this message