Accessing Oracle from a Form not connected to the database

From: Michael McLaughlin <michael_at_paragon.ie>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 18:13:04 +0000

[Quoted] I am attempting to connect to a database from within an Oracle Form that did not
connect when it was invoked and to return two values from an Oracle Table to the Form. When I start the Form, I do not wish to connect to the database. Once in hovever, I wish to connect as a user/password (unseen to the user) and get a guest username / password from an Oracle table for use in the Form.

Any ideas ...?

Thanks
Emmett McCarroll
Paragon
Dublin Ireland Received on Thu Nov 05 1998 - 19:13:04 CET

Original text of this message