Form level validation

From: <srijay_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 10:02:47 GMT

HI!

[Quoted] I would like to validate data in my form at form level because I have check fields against master block and many detailed blocks. So I put my validation [Quoted] code under key-commit trigger at form level. This trigger fires when I push [Quoted] the save button. But when I goes to a detail block modify some records and come back to the master and click on a different master record I got a message saying that do you want to commit changes? If I answers yes the detail records get saved to the database with out going through the key-commit trigger at form level.

So what is the best trigger to use for form level validation? I am using Forms4.5.

Thanks,
Sri.