Reports 2.5 Function Dysfunction

From: Richard Fairbairn <zenith_at_technologist.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 98 11:00:35 +0000

Forwarded Message from: zenith_at_technologist.com (Richard Fairbairn)

I am attempting to show a numeric column in my report as **Null** when the value is null. In order to facilitiate this I thought I'd hide the original column and create a formula column which would have the formula:

Function so_and_so return char is
returnvar char;
begin
returnvar := decode(:numeric_column, null, '**Null**', :numeric_column); return returnvar;
end;

This raises an error. So, to test things I thought I'd create a formula column with the formula:

Function so_and_so return char is
returnvar char;
begin
returnvar := 'Hello';
return returnvar;
end;

This stil does not work and I don't understand why. Can anyone help? Received on Thu Nov 05 1998 - 12:00:35 CET

Original text of this message