Re: Forms 5.0 problem

From: <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 16:54:06 GMT

First of all, try your form on an 7.3.4 or 8.0.4 server. The server version 8.0.3 may be the problem.

Lots of strange things can happen between Forms 5.0 and older server versions. I too have seen a Forms 5.0 form disconnect and shut down when it fails in a similar situation. Oracle 8.0.3 and versions 7.3.3 and below seem to be similar (and quite incompatible with Forms 5.0), while version 7.3.4 and above (except 8.0.3) work lots better.

Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088