Re: Is there a good web-enabled alternative to Oracle Developer

From: Rod Stewart <rod.stewart_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:51:30 +1000

I have tried a couple of things with some success.

Firstly, using PLSQL and Oracle Application Server to create pages dynamically seems quite effective, has good performance etc. If you are using Des200, you can generate a lot of the forms etc and it gives you a reasonable working structure if nothing else. Once you get on top of PLSQL this can be quite a neat solution. You can customise the forms to do basically anything and the DB access is of course pretty much optimised.

Secondly, VB and IIS via ODBC seems quite effective and appears to perform well, though my testing in this area has not involved any great volume of data.

Both solutions 'look' better than using developer and have comparable performance.

Regards

Rod J. Stewart