OAS help : OWS-05100

From: Vadim von Brzeski <vadimv_at_reflexnetworks.com>
Date: 1998/10/31

I am using Oracle App Server 4.0.6.4 on Solaris 2.6 along with Oracle Server 8.0.4, and I am using PL/SQL and Java cartridges to access the database. Both OAS and Oracle 8 are on the same machine, an Ultra 2, 250 MHz processor, 128 MEG RAM.

All is well until I really start hammering the setup, i.e start requesting multiple web pages, running multiple (15-10) queries. After a while I get a :

OWS-05100 : Cannot connect due to Oracle error -1

from my PL/SQL cartridges,

and from my Java cartridges (which use the pl2java wrapper and Session classes to access stored PL/SQL procedures), I get the classic :

ORA-12154 : cannot resolve service name

although it was connecting and resolving everything just fine up to then

! If I shut the OAS down and re-start, it all works fine until I really pound on it again.

I also noticed that whenever I start a session via my Java (pl2java) cartridges, it start a process on my machine, in the form of : <PID> <username><SID> (LOCAL=NO)

Even though I close and logoff in the my Java code, the processes still show up on my machine (ps -ef command), and they stick around for about 7 minutes before disappearing. During my heavy testing, I may have close to 200 of these things show up - sessions that are supposed to be closed !

Oracle support has so far been ineffective, so any help from the user base would be appreciated !

Thanks

Vadim von Brzeski
Reflex Networks
vadimv_at_reflexnetworks.com Received on Sat Oct 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message