[Question] Designer2000

From: Julien <Julien.Labbe_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: 31 Oct 1998 11:18:15 GMT

Hi !
The application I am working in is undocumented. I would like to have an easy-to-read data model, but the application has over 300 tables. Is Designer 2000 a good tool for reverse engeneering ?

The server is a Unix system. If I alter the definition of a table on a Win95 Client, I suppose that a "alter table" script is generated ? If so, do i have to move it to the server with ftp ? Or can I launch the script on the client and it will alter the table on the server ?

What happens if several users try to alter the definition of a same table ? Is there a lock to avoid collision ?
Thank you for your explanations ! Received on Sat Oct 31 1998 - 12:18:15 CET

Original text of this message