Can you help me with this Forms 5.0 TABBED canvas problem, please??

From: Richard Hollingsworth <richard_at_unirex.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:45:10 -0600

Thank you for reading this.

I have a tabbed canvas. On the first tab is a data block I created as 'TABBULAR' that displays a list of values from a table.

Now, what I want to do is, when the use double-clicks on one of the rows in this list, I want to bring up the second tab which will have another block I created and this one is of type FORM so that you can see more details of this record than is possible on the list on TAB-1.

Question is, how do you link the second tab's block to a record in the first tab's block based on a field? In my case, the field name is doc_id.

I tried...

in the WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE trigger for block 2 I wrote....

begin

     select field1, filed2, field3....
     into :BLOCK2.field1, :BLOCK2.field2, :BLOCK2.field3....
     from table
     where :BLOCK2.doc_id = :BLOCK1.doc_id;
end;

But no luck.

Could someone please show me how to do this?

Thanx in advance,

Richard H. Received on Fri Oct 30 1998 - 23:45:10 CET

Original text of this message