DB Link to Unavail System

From: <ragin_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:03:38 GMT

I'm using Forms 4.5 app that calls database package from a linked db. If the remote system is down, first call to procedure in pkg returns expected Oracle errors that can be trapped and friendly messages sent to the user. However, the next call to same procedure in pkg results in "ORA 1008 Not all variables bound". The problem is the application users will be logged on all day. In the event the other system becomes available, the application should process the call, but it doesn't because it didn't find the procedure the first time.  Is there a way to force the app to act as if this is the first call to the procedure so I can use a timer to determine when to again attempt the call to the procedure? Or have a missed something else that I should do.? Thanks.