Quick question Oracle on NT

From: Karl E. Taylor <ktaylor_at_dragon.illusions.com>
Date: 1998/10/29

[Quoted] Hello all. Here's my situation.

[Quoted] 3 weeks ago, our primary Oracle server died. We and all are instances saved on the failover box and life was grand. After the primary was rebuild, we moved all the current datafiles and control files back to the primary machine, and again life was happy. Until two days ago.

We had to re-boot the primary due to a non-Oracle related issue, and when the system came back up, one of the instances was not started. There are 3 instances on this system, and all three in set in the services manager as automatic. 2 of them come up with the instances open and ready for use, the 3rd one requires us to go into svrmgr and do an alter database open to make it ready.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
--

Karl E. Taylor