getting data from BAR CODE READER

From: kresimi futivic <kresimir.futivic_at_usa.net>
Date: 1998/10/29

[Quoted] [Quoted] Reading string from other program when program

[Quoted] I've got a problem with transfering data from extern program (barcode reader [Quoted] program) into ORACLE text field, when reader finished reading gives focus to [Quoted] oracle forms45 runtime then I need to read string. I have a text string on clipboard, or in a single line ASCII text on disk. I tried to put
Do_Key('Paste')
[Quoted] when needed but it doesnt matter which trigger I use I allways get 'function not allowed' error.
[Quoted] The second way is to read from text file a line and put it to the field in oracle but I don't know how to read from txt file. Please gimme solution either for 1st or 2nd problem... thnx Received on Thu Oct 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message