Re: Removing "Warning: Applet window"

From: Henning Voss <henning_at_rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: 1998/10/28

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:41:10 -0600, "Ted Bell" <ted.bell_at_alltel.com> wrote:

correct me if i am wrong but i think the warning has nothing to do with oracle. it is an feature of the browser to display the warning that the dialog is displayed by an _untrusted_ applet. consider the following scenario:
joe user loads html-page containing applet applet opens dialog saying: i am your system administrator, please enter username and password
how many user will enter there real usernames and passwords ? the browser displays the warning to show the user that is not an system message but the message of an _untrusted_ applet. the solution (as stated before) is to make the applet trusted by signing it.

hope i am not totally wrong
henning

>An EASY (and therefore un Oracle solution) would be to turn off tooltips for
>the defaullt toolbar, then you would at least be able to have nothing
>displaying instead of the annoying applet sign. Of course, D2K provides no
>method of performing this ELEMENTARY task.
>
>Ted
>Mark Fisher wrote in message <711rq7$234$1_at_soap.news.pipex.net>...

--- cut --- Received on Wed Oct 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message