Re: Forms Documentation tools

From: Pete Hawdon <pete_at_hawdon.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:14:35 -0000

[Quoted] Don't know what your problem is but we have no trouble in using the fmt's for editing. (We
have approximately 250 forms and I would bet that every one of them has been converted
to a .fmt for easy editing). Try doing a global search/replace in Ed for Windows in a .fmt file
and then do the same thing in Dev2000. I know which one I'd rather do!

The top (approximately 10%) of the .fmt file is the interesting stuff.

On a side issue, any changes/additions/deletions you make to a form are stored as part of
the form. By converting to a .fmt and then back to a .fmb, you compress the form and can
make hefty savings in the size of the file (and in turn the executable).