Best way to program Oracle w/Java

From: Tim Triemstra <timt_at_pmglobal.nospam.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 17:33:20 GMT

What is the absolute best way to program Java objects with an Oracle database? I am new to relational databases (although I've worked with OODB's for years.) I can understand the process of creating tables and I can even model objects as those tables. But what about interfacing the Java object code with the relational data?

I'd prefer to avoid JDBC and all the new cursor and row/table logic that goes along with it. I've heard of products that make working with the databases easier, but have heard of none that are SIMPLE. It seems like every time I check out a web site for a product like this (Thought Inc and others) the product sounds much more complicated.

I'd like simple database interactivity with an Oracle product in Java. If it is anything that makes working with JDBC easier then great. It should also be pure Java so I can interact with a class-4 (pure Java) JDBC driver.

Thanks!

--
Tim Triemstra ... TimTr 'at' PMGlobal 'dot' Com ... Atlanta, GA
    'com.timtr.*" Home Page: http://www.mindspring.com/~timtr/