Forms Master-Detail question

From: <cary_at_nams.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 21:44:56 GMT

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted]   I'm working on a very simple form in Developer v2.1 and have the following problem. Using the Data Block Wizard, I have created a form containing 2 blocks (based on database views) in a master-detail relationship. I want to set up the detail block so that its single item (5-line text item or display item) only displays information - no inserting, no updating, no access whatsoever by an end-user. If I set up the detail block item to be a display item and perform a query on the master block text item at runtime, I get an error: FRM-40106: No navigable items in destination block. I get the same error if I make the item a text item with the properties Enable=No, Insert Allowed=No, Update Allowed=No. However, the error goes away and the block updates properly when the detail block item is a text item with Enabled=Yes. Functionally, though, this is not what I want. This item should be display ONLY. Can someone point out the problem/solution here? Thanks.

Cary