Forms 4.5: Non-base-table Image-item

From: Peter Koch <koch_at_math.uni-duisburg.de>
Date: 27 Oct 1998 17:39:18 GMT

[Quoted] Dear readers

In a post-query-trigger I would like to select the image contained in a long raw column into a non-base-table image-item.

SELECT logo INTO :block1.dsp_logo FROM logo_table WHERE id=:block1.logo_id;

[Quoted] does NOT work.

READ_IMAGE_FILE will read images from files only.

Do I really HAVE TO create a seperate block on logo_table with a base-table image-item, fetch one record into this block, write the image out into a temporary file with WRITE_IMAGE_FILE and then read it back into the non-base-table image-item with READ_IMAGE_FILE.

[Quoted] Besides the fact that this does not work in a post-query-trigger there must be a better solution to this problem.

Thanks

Peter

--
Peter Koch <Koch_at_Math.Uni-Duisburg.DE>      phone: 49 203 379-2698
Department of Mathematics                     fax: 49 203 379-3139