Re: Oracle forms problem

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 27 Oct 1998 01:53:23 GMT

Qiang Wu (wuqiang_at_cs.siu.edu) wrote:
: Hi,
: In oracle, when we want to execute a query, we must first enter a
: query, then execute query. Can we programmatically enter query?
: I mean,We use some code to explicitly change the value of some item,
: then run execute_query?

use the set_block_property forms function to set the default where clause and then execute query under the when_new_form_instance or when new_block_instance triggers.

: Can we disable some key triggers? such as ctrl-f1, f7, f8,
: clear-form?

Put a message or msg_alert with "This function is disabled" as a message.

: Another problem is that when you input a form, you want to discard
: the current input, but the item has a trigger. Unless you have input a
: valid value, you can't leave that item field. Do we have a solution to
: discard the input at any time?

user can hit the Clear Record key.

: Thanks in advance,

: Have a nice weekend,

: Qiang Wu

--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u