Need help with import

From: Paul Foglia <pfoglia_at_interactivesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:04:34 GMT

Hello,

[Quoted] I apologize if this is a FAQ, I'm new to Oracle and this group and I have not yet found the FAQ.

I have Oracle 7.3 under NT. I'm trying to import a large dump file and when I go to the command line and type the import command I get a lot of error information.

d:\orant\bin: imp73 username/password

Import: Release 7.3.2.2.0 - Production on Mon Oct 26 14:00:11 1998

Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1994. All rights reserved.

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 3121 encountered
ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed
IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

I've looked this up to know that:

ORA-03121 no interface driver connected - function not performed

 Cause:

        This message occurs usually because the SQL*Net driver is not loaded into memory or there is a mismatch of the

        version of the driver. A user program linked with an obsolete library may also cause this message. Only programs

        provided by Oracle Corporation should use this interface.

 Action:

        If the message occurred during use of a program provided by Oracle Corporation, contact customer support. If a

        user program caused the message, relink the program with current versions of the Oracle libraries.

OK, now I'm stuck. I've given it my user/pass for my db, and sysman/sysman and always the same thing. All the windows based Oracle apps work fine, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Paul Received on Mon Oct 26 1998 - 20:04:34 CET

Original text of this message