Developer/2000 & Unixware - a match made in hell - HELP ME, SOMEONE, PLEASE!

From: Bagpuss <Young_at_Heart.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 01:16:52 GMT

Hi,

This is about the zillionth problem I've had with Oracle Developer/2000 under Unixware 2.1.2...

Even in V1.3.2 of D2K, we have always been unable to copy an .fmb file from PC to UNIX box without a core dump upon generation, even though the documentation suggests that the fmb files are fully portable.

Oracle told us to convert them to fmt files (ASCII), FTP them across and then parse them back into an fmb file.

This worked fine. Until v1.6.1 of Developer/2000, where the forms 4.5. generator refuses to do anything with fmb/fmt files without crashing with a core dump memory fault. Exisiting fmx files run fine using the new version of f45run. The older version of the generator generates the fmt files without a hitch. Luckily it was still available in another ORACLE_HOME directory.

We are running in character mode on the UNIX box.

Any help/suggestions/truckloads of client PCs would be greatly appreciated.

Please email me at shaun.ruddick_at_madonna.net (replace the 'madonna' with 'virgin' - I want to avoid those damn spam robots!).

Alternatively, post a reply in this group.

Thanks!

Shaun. Received on Sat Oct 24 1998 - 03:16:52 CEST

Original text of this message