Re: Ask help for oracle forms problem

From: GLucas4189 <glucas4189_at_aol.com>
Date: 23 Oct 1998 22:45:18 GMT

Hi,

   I'm not sure what you are getting at by programming the enter-query. If you want to execute a query based upon an item, you can set the block property of the where_by clause on PRE-QUERY or really at any stage before you execute a query e.g

User Defined Trigger

:empl_id := '9';

v_default_where := 'empl_id ='||:empl_id;

set_block_property (employees, WHERE_BY, v_default_where );

execute_query;

You can build your where clause based on a sub query if you wish e.g

v_default_where := 'empl_id in (select empl_id from leavers where redundancy is null );

set_block_property etc...

If you wish to manipulate a field before executing execute-query which is in some way based on a value the user has entered, then you should be able to do this in the PRE-QUERY trigger. But I'm not that familiar with the visibility of criteria entered at this stage, so you would have to try..

You can disable key triggers by simply having a null, or raise form_trigger_failure statement, i.e. :

KEY-CLRREC raise form_trigger_failure;

or

KEY-CLRREC null;

[Quoted] I think your last point is alluding to the efficiency of validation triggers. If you do violated a validation trigger, say WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM, with good reason , if a raise form_trigger_failure statement has been issued, will you not be able to proceed.
The only thing to do here is to relax your validation, and only give warnings in this context... Received on Sat Oct 24 1998 - 00:45:18 CEST

Original text of this message