Re: getting data from Oracle 8 to Oracle 7

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 22:17:32 GMT

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998 20:25:31 GMT, mpir_at_compuserve.com wrote:

>Just to add flexibility and complication, SQL*NET has a copy command, given
>you are on a network. Look up the exact syntax but it is something like:
>
> copy from fred/betty_at_cpu1 touser barney/wilman_at_cpu2 append select * from
>foo;

Just for clarification (as I'm sure it was a typo): COPY is an SQL*Plus command, not SQL*Net's. And btw, the syntax is something like

copy from fred/betty_at_cpu1 TO barney/wilman_at_cpu2 append USING select * from foo;

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Sat Oct 24 1998 - 00:17:32 CEST

Original text of this message