Re: Please help! Web Enabled forms look terrible...

From: Mark S. Reichman <reichmanm_at_removethis.rl.af.mil.>
Date: 1998/10/23

I have seen this table you speak of. I am not the DBA, only a developer. My DBA says he has tried to map these fonts with no luck. My next question is, "Can I expect the form in Netscape to look ok if the fonts are mapped correctly no matter what OS's are involved the development? Or will there always be some sort of discrepancy between the layout editor and the web enabled product?" My DBA tells me that this is the best it will get. I personally find it hard to believe Oracle would put out a product that behaves like ours does. I select a font size in the layout editor of say 8 and it appears in Netscape as about 18. Font sizes of 5 thru 9 seem not to change at all in the web enabled version. When I seperate fields with the layout editor "align objects" option they look fine in the layout editor but are grouped by twos in Netscape and not separated evenly in Netscape. I guess I'm looking for someone to say, "Yes. If you map the fonts correctly in your SUN/UNIX system, the web enabled forms when viewed in WinNT4.0/Netscape will look and feel just like they did when developed in the layout editor viewed through Exceed(X-windows) on WinNT4.0"

If anyone has been through this would they please send me a copy of their font mapping file. -Thanks..

In article <01bdfdbf$4bd6ef80$46100dc2_at_8745bk529169..owinsp.nl>, jmhummel_at_xs4all.nl says...