Re: dev/2k 2 implementing Windows Help

From: Joe Brown <joe_at_hopi.dtcc.edu>
Date: 23 Oct 1998 07:57:42 GMT

The d2kwutil library has the calls for win help.

Pros:
 Uses the Windows help system.

Cons:
 You have to design a windows help file.  Have to implement help calls by hand.

I used Key-Help trigger on form level to call the WIN_API_SHELL.WinHelp('my_help', '3000', WIN_API.HELP_CONTEXT, TRUE);

Wish I could point you to where to look to find the documentation for this function. Oracle burried it deep in a help file somewhere.

This works on Forms 5.0. I think it's available for 4.5.? also.

Forms 5.0 comes with a winhelp look-a-like library/forms, which has a set of tables and functions for help. This would probably be a better solution, since the help could be stored in tables, and retrieved by any platform that Forms 2.0 runs on (that's a joke BTW).

If I haddn't already completed a good portion of my help file when I ran across the re-usable help forms, I might have gone that route instead. However... I doubt it is easy to implement a help form on the screen with a form you're providing help.

--
(: Joe Brown :)				      joe_at_apache.dtcc.edu
I believe Wine is going to be great if it ever gets finished. . .