Re: adding users with des 2k - further problems

From: Valery A. Sorokin <vsorokin_at_dd.ru>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 11:42:31 +0300

rosek_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

[snip]
> I have noticed however that if I connect with SQL PLUS and do the folowing
> query select table_name from all_tables where owner is 'repos' i get a
> different # of results with repos and the user i am trying to create.
>
> USER = 9
> REPOS = 138

I think
REPOS is owner of all Des2k tables and
USER is owner of archive tables only (XT_...)

[snip]
> Can anyone shed some light on this ??
>
> In article <70d30j$f0c$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
> krose_at_cs.mun.ca wrote:
[snip]

> > 1. I did a create like on the server end to create a user testuser/welcome
> > from user repos. This is probably my mistake - im not sure hw to create a
> > user witht he required roles privledges for des 2k.
> >
> > 2. From repository admin utility I added this user and reconciled.
> >
> > 3. From repository navigator I granted this user all permissions to
> > application system.
> >
> > Whn I try to connect as testuser/welcome I get a CDI-20039. I think prob is in
> > step in that I dont know how to create the proper user in Oracle.
> >
> > Can anyone help me. thanxs

[snip]

  1. Add new user 'testuser/welcome' to Oracle as SYSTEM for example
  2. Grant roles CONNECT and RESOURCE to new user 'testuser/welcome'
  3. Add this user to the repository by RAU
  4. Do reconcile
  5. Grant permissions on the application to this user by RON

It works for me!

--
Valery A. Sorokin
ProSoft, Russia, Moscow, Information Systems Division