Re: Operating system commands from within Forms 5.

From: Valery A. Sorokin <vsorokin_at_dd.ru>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:52:53 +0300

Try to use HOST built-in:

  Executes an indicated operating system command. Syntax:
  PROCEDURE HOST
    (system_command_string VARCHAR2);   PROCEDURE HOST
    (system_command_string VARCHAR2,
     screen_action NUMBER);

I hope this will help you.

igal_at_healthstreet.com wrote:

> Hello everybody, Has anyone tried to perform a copy, delete or any other
> operating system commands from within Forms? Specifically, I have to perform a
> simple copy of a file from a floppy drive to the hard disk in a Windows NT
> environement. I suppose I have to use the USER_EXIT built-in, and DLL's but
> I'm not sure how and which one. Any help would be appreciated, Igal

Valery A. Sorokin
ProSoft, Russia, Moscow, Information Systems Division
Phone: +7 (095) 234 0636 (6 lines) FAX: +7 (095) 234 0640
E-mail: vsorokin_at_dd.ru OR vsorokin_at_prosoftmpc.msk.su
http://www.dd.ru