Re: How to access procedure

From: <garethgadd_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 07:42:03 GMT

In article <362BED32.7FA9_at_cis0.levels.unisa.edu.au>,   Nongporn Lilian <9711256p_at_cis0.levels.unisa.edu.au> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I wrote PL/SQL block in SQL/PLUS. How can I access private and public
> procedure in CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE block.
>
> Nongporn

Presumably what your after is the underlying dictionary view that you can access your source code in.

Have a look at ALL_SOURCE.
To query back your source within SQL*Plus, use the following settings:

SET LONG 25000
SET PAGES 2000 Then to query your source code use the following SQL :

SELECT TEXT
FROM ALL_SOURCE
WHERE NAME = 'name_of_your_procedure/package_in_upper_case';

Hope this helps

Regards

Gareth