Re: How to break a long lasting operation with oo4o?

From: Rod Stewart <rod.stewart_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:31:17 +1000

I'm no VB/oo4ole expert, but apparently it can't be done. Because of the synchronous nature of the VB/oo4ole interaction, there is no way to break the query, short of killing the session, which really isn't a solution. RDO allows you to set up an asynchronous query that basically loops through and checks whether the query should still be running. It can be a bit flaky but appears to be usable.

Rod J. Stewart