Re: Working with Crystal report 6.0

From: Russ Marcil <rmarcil_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 18:24:15 -0700

Damir Kriskovic wrote in message <6vsl68$9hn_at_as041.tel.hr>...
>...The idea is that Crystal reports does not open tables with many
>records and make query of them, then work with small set of data witch are
>prepare in Delphi....

We are using Powerbuilder6/Oracle RDBMS 7.3 and using the Crystal Reports 6 OCX to run pre-designed production reports from our frame menu. In our case with the OCX, we are attaching to the production tables and retrieving the required rows. But, you do have the option to design and run Crystal reports against a text file. This means your Delphi app will have to retrieve the desired rows and then write them out to a text file before you activate the OCX.

But why not connect from the OCX to your Oracle tables with a pre-set user/password that has Oracle security rights set to "select only" on all needed tables, and then run the report against the real data? We get great performance, even with tables containing over 300,000 rows. Received on Sun Oct 18 1998 - 03:24:15 CEST

Original text of this message