Re: ORA-03121:no interface driver connected - function not performed

From: Patrick Flahan <flahan_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 18:26:58 -0400

This was sent to me by Richard Teunissen. With his help I was able to get PO8 and D2K to work together on my laptop. It sounds like the same problem I was having.

Patrick,
It is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Installing Personal Oracle 8.0x:

When you install PO8 you have to install 'Oracle Networking Products 2.3.4.0.2'. This option includes 'SQL*Net 2.3.4.0.2' and the 'Oracle Protocol Adapters' (Named Pipes, SPX & TCP/IP). At the end you should have installed SQL*Net 8.0.x & 2.3.4.0.2 and Oracle Protocol Adapters 8.0.x & 2.3.4.0.0.

Installing Developer 2.1:

SQL*Net is still installed and therefore it will not be installed when you p.e. install FORMS 5 (the SQL*Net-version on the Developer-CD is an older version). You shouldn't install SQL*Net yourself!!

Now you should be able to connect from Developer 2.1 (FORMS 5, REPORTS 3, SQL*Plus 3.3) to the Oracle 8-database.

Please let me know if you get it working too.

Good luck,
Richard